Percent received of goal amount for this month: (11%)
Please donate to, amongst other things, purchase and install modifications for Carbonite.co.za, as well as pay the licensing fees for the Vbulletin software.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 6 + AMD A10 5800k and 3DMark Vantage.

Hello Everyone,

Over the last month I have been working with the ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 6 and AMD A10 5800k CPU.
    I was taking part in the ASRock FM2 competition over at HWbot.org and in a few hours the competition will be over.

The Best I was able to push the poor little integrated HD7660 video card to was 1533Mhz and 1290Mhz memory. With these clock speeds the max vantage score I reached was P10180 (5th at the time of writing)

The Platform is extremely fun and there is a lot to be gained when tweaking and understanding the power saving tools AMD have included and would recommend the ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 6 and A10 5800k combination to anyone in a hard beat that was looking for a good mid entry level gaming PC.

For information where to buy the ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 6 visit Compitum for a list of resellers.
    Quick FYI, We have setup a ASRock Support section on the below Zer0 forums if you need any help with this board or feel free to send me a PM here on Carbonite.

Thanks for reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat View Post
    i am going old and getting senile :P
    http://www.below0.co.za/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Re: ASRock FM2A85X Extreme 6 + AMD A10 5800k and 3DMark Vantage.

Thanks for taking the time to write this, I enjoyed reading it. And well done on your score!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2